iTunes 12.1.2 not updating play position?
Sak Wathanasin
2015-04-13 17:06:47 UTC
Since I upgraded to 10.10.3 & iTunes 12.1.2, my MBP no longer updates the playback info (for podcasts at any rate), nor does it update from the iTunes store. Still works on my iMac running 10.6.8 & iTunes 11.4.

So if I play a podcast on my iPhone (iOS 8.3) -> iMac shows the podcast as played and moves the playhead more or less to the right place, but on the MBP, it shows as "unplayed" and no amount of "refreshing" will change it. Likewise, if I play something on the MBP, neither the iPhone nor the iMac will see it as played. This all worked last week before I upgraded.

Anyone else seeing this?
John McWilliams
2015-04-13 17:09:22 UTC
Post by Sak Wathanasin
Since I upgraded to 10.10.3 & iTunes 12.1.2, my MBP no longer updates the playback info (for podcasts at any rate), nor does it update from the iTunes store. Still works on my iMac running 10.6.8 & iTunes 11.4.
So if I play a podcast on my iPhone (iOS 8.3) -> iMac shows the podcast as played and moves the playhead more or less to the right place, but on the MBP, it shows as "unplayed" and no amount of "refreshing" will change it. Likewise, if I play something on the MBP, neither the iPhone nor the iMac will see it as played. This all worked last week before I upgraded.
Anyone else seeing this?
I can't as I decided some time ago to not even try to sync computer
stored podcasts with those on the iPhone. So I just d/l and play all
from the phone, makes life easier!

YMMV.
Sak Wathanasin
2015-04-14 08:19:39 UTC
Post by John McWilliams
I can't as I decided some time ago to not even try to sync computer
stored podcasts with those on the iPhone. So I just d/l and play all
from the phone, makes life easier!
That used to work properly up to about v 11; after that, it would do stupid things like deleting episodes on my Mac that had been played on the iPhone etc, so I stopped doing that & just downloaded it all on my Macs and iPhone.

However, syncing the play position is still pretty useful (it's a separate option) as the Macs in my house & office are plugged into stereo systems. So I'd start listening to something at home (while, for example, getting all my stuff together), pick up where I left off in the car via the iPhone, then finish on the Mac in the office. It all used to work really well until last w/e (:-()
Sak Wathanasin
2015-04-17 12:17:29 UTC
This is all working again; don't know if the "10.10.3 supplemental" had anything to do with it, but I don't care as long as it works.
Jon
2015-04-15 22:14:33 UTC
Post by Sak Wathanasin
Since I upgraded to 10.10.3 & iTunes 12.1.2, my MBP no longer updates the playback info (for podcasts at any rate), nor does it update from the iTunes store. Still works on my iMac running 10.6.8 & iTunes 11.4.
So if I play a podcast on my iPhone (iOS 8.3) -> iMac shows the podcast as played and moves the playhead more or less to the right place, but on the MBP, it shows as "unplayed" and no amount of "refreshing" will change it. Likewise, if I play something on the MBP, neither the iPhone nor the iMac will see it as played. This all worked last week before I upgraded.
Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, since Steve Jobs died, everything has gone to shit, They need
someone to give them a kick up the arse...

Tim Cook is not that man...
Savageduck
2015-04-16 00:51:47 UTC
Post by Jon
Post by Sak Wathanasin
Since I upgraded to 10.10.3 & iTunes 12.1.2, my MBP no longer updates
the playback info (for podcasts at any rate), nor does it update from
the iTunes store. Still works on my iMac running 10.6.8 & iTunes 11.4.
So if I play a podcast on my iPhone (iOS 8.3) -> iMac shows the podcast
as played and moves the playhead more or less to the right place, but
on the MBP, it shows as "unplayed" and no amount of "refreshing" will
change it. Likewise, if I play something on the MBP, neither the iPhone
nor the iMac will see it as played. This all worked last week before I
upgraded.
Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, since Steve Jobs died, everything has gone to shit, They need
someone to give them a kick up the arse...
Tim Cook is not that man...
...and it sure as hell isn't Jon Ive. I blame most of the current
direction of Apple on Ive's obsession with minimalism in both hardware
and software.
--
Regards,

Savageduck