Happy Happy Birthday Birthday!
zoaran substitute
2005-08-19 07:58:47 UTC
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.

Happy birthday to you both!

You share your birthdays with:

1398 - Marqués de Santillana, Spanish poet
1621 - Gerbrand van den Eeckhout, Dutch painter
1631 - John Dryden, English poet
1646 - John Flamsteed, English astronomer
1686 - Eustace Budgell, English writer
1686 - Nicola Porpora, Italian composer
1689 - Samuel Richardson, English writer
1743 - Madame du Barry, French courtesan
1870 - Bernard Baruch, financier
1871 - Orville Wright, American aviation pioneer
1875 - Stjepan Seljan, explorer
1881 - Georges Enescu, Romanian composer
1883 - Coco Chanel, French clothing designer
1883 - Elsie Ferguson, American film actress
1892 - Alfred Lunt, actor
1902 - Ogden Nash, poet
1906 - Philo T. Farnsworth, American inventor and television
pioneer
1907 - Thurston B. Morton, American politician
1913 - Richard Simmons, American actor
1915 - Ring Lardner, Jr., actor and screenwriter
1916 - Marie Wilson, actress
1919 - Malcolm Forbes, publisher
1921 - Gene Roddenberry, American television producer
1925 - Claude Gauvreau, Canadian playwright, poet, and polemicist
1926 - Arthur Rock, venture capitalist
1930 - Frank McCourt, Irish-born author
1931 - Willie Shoemaker, American jockey
1935 - Bobby Richardson, baseball player
1938 - Diana Muldaur, actress, dog breeder, and dog judge
1939 - Ginger Baker, musician
1944 - Charles B. Wang, philanthropist
1940 - Johnny Nash, singer
1940 - Jill St. John, actress
1942 - Fred Thompson, U.S. Senator from Tennessee and actor
1945 - Ian Gillan, vocalist
1946 - Bill Clinton, President of the United States
1946 - Beat Raaflaub, conductor
1947 - Gerard Schwarz, American conductor
1948 - Tipper Gore, former Second Lady of the United States
1950 - Jennie Bond, journalist
1952 - Jonathan Frakes, actor and director
1955 - Peter Gallagher, actor
1956 - Adam Arkin, actor
1958 - Anthony Muñoz, American football player
1960 - Morten Andersen, American football player
1963 - John Stamos, actor
1965 - Kevin Dillon, actor
1965 - Kyra Sedgwick, actress
1966 - Lee Ann Womack, country music musician
1969 - Matthew Perry, actor
1973 - Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway
1973 - Callum Blue, British actor
1980 - Darius Danesh, singer
1983 - Tammin Sursok, Australian actress

On this day in history:

1561 - Queen Mary Stuart returns to Scotland.
1692 - Salem Witch Trials: In Salem, Massachusetts five women and
a clergyman are executed after being convicted of witchcraft.
1782 - Battle of Blue Licks: the last major battle of the American
Revolutionary War, almost ten months after the surrender of
the British commander Lord Cornwallis following the Battle
of Yorktown.
1812 - War of 1812: American frigate USS Constitution defeats the
British frigate HMS Guerrière off the coast of Nova Scotia.
The British shot is said to have bounced off the
Constitution's sides, earning her the nickname "Old
Ironsides".
1813 - Gervasio Antonio de Posadas joins Argentina's second
triumvirate.
1839 - Presentation of Jacque Daguerre's new photographic process
to the French Academy of Sciences.
1848 - California Gold Rush: The New York Herald breaks the news to
the East Coast of the United States, that there is a gold
rush in California (although the rush started in January).
1862 - Indian Wars: During an uprising in Minnesota, Lakota
warriors decide not to attack heavily-defended Fort Ridgely
and instead turn to the settlement of New Ulm, killing white
settlers along the way.
1895 - American frontier murderer and outlaw, John Wesley Hardin, is
killed by an off-duty policeman in a saloon in El Paso, Texas.
1919 - Afghanistan gains independence from the United Kingdom.
1929 - The radio comedy show Amos and Andy makes its NBC debut
starring Freeman Gosden and Charles Correll.
1934 - The first All-American Soap Box Derby is held in Dayton, Ohio.
1934 - The creation of the position Führer approved by the German
electorate with 89.9% of the popular vote.
1942 - World War II: Operation Jubilee - The 2nd Canadian Infantry
Division leads an allied forces amphibious assault on Dieppe,
France.
1944 - World War II: Liberation of Paris - Paris rises against German
occupation with the help of Allied troops.
1945 - Vietnam War: Viet Minh led by Ho Chi Minh take power in Hanoi,
Vietnam.
1953 - Cold War: The CIA helps to overthrow the government of
Mohammed Mossadegh in Iran and reinstate the Shah Mohammad
Reza Pahlavi.
1955 - In the Northeast United States, severe flooding caused by
Hurricane Diane, claims 200 lives.
1960 - Cold War: In Moscow, downed American U-2 pilot Francis Gary
Powers is sentenced to ten years imprisonment by the Soviet
Union for espionage.
1960 - Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 5 with the
dogs Belka and Strelka (Russian for "Squirrel" and "Little
Arrow"), 40 mice, 2 rats and a variety of plants. The
spacecraft returned to earth the next day and all animals
were recovered safely.
1965 - Japanese prime minister Eisaku Sato becomes the first
post-World War II sitting prime minister to visit Okinawa.
1975 - The cricket test match between England and Australia is
called off after the pitch is vandalised by supporters of
George Davis.
1980 - Saudia Flight 163, a Lockheed L-1011 TriStar burns after
making an emergency landing at King Khalid International
Airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, killing 301 people.
1981 - Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi sends two Sukhoi Su-22 fighter
jets to take on a couple of United States fighters over the
Gulf of Sidra. The American jets destroyed the Libyan
fighters.
1987 - Hungerford Massacre: In the United Kingdom, Michael Ryan
kills sixteen people with an assault rifle and then
commits suicide.
1989 - Polish president Wojciech Jaruzelski nominates Solidarity
activist Tadeusz Mazowiecki to be Prime Minister, thus
Mazowiecki becoming the first non-communist to come to power
in Poland in 42 years.
1990 - Leonard Bernstein conducts his final concert, ending with
Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 7.
1999 - In Belgrade, tens of thousands of Serbians rally to demand
the resignation of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
President Slobodan Miloševic.
2002 - A Russian Mi-26 helicopter carrying troops is hit by a
Chechen missile outside of Grozny killing 118 soldiers.
2003 - A car-bomb attack on UN headquarters in Iraq kills the
agency's top envoy Sergio Vieira de Mello and 21 other
employers.

Deaths on this day:

14 - Augustus, Roman emperor
1186 - Geoffrey Plantagenet, Duke of Brittany, stamped by a horse
in a tournament
1245 - Ramon Berenguer IV, Count of Provence (born 1195)
1493 - Frederick III, Holy Roman Emperor
1580 - Andrea Palladio, Italian architect
1662 - Blaise Pascal, French mathematician, physicist, and
religious philosopher (born 1623)
1753 - Balthasar Neumann, German architect (born 1687)
1819 - James Watt, Scottish inventor (born 1736)
1872 - King Charles XV / Carl IV of Sweden and Norway (born 1826)
1889 - Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam, French writer (born 1838)
1895 - John Wesley Hardin, gunfighter
1936 - Federico García Lorca, Spanish author (born 1898)
1936 - John M.S. Pearce, neurologist and author
1954 - Alcide De Gasperi, Prime Minister of Italy (born 1881)
1957 - David Bomberg, painter
1959 - Jacob Epstein, American-born sculptor (born 1880)
1967 - Hugo Gernsback, editor and publisher
1968 - George Gamow, Ukrainian-born physicist (born 1904)
1970 - Pawel Jasienica, Polish historian (born 1909)
1977 - Groucho Marx, American comedian and actor (born 1890)
1980 - Otto Frank, father of Anne Frank
1994 - Linus Pauling, American chemist, recipient of the Nobel
Prize in Chemistry and Peace (born 1901)
1995 - Pierre Schaeffer, French composer
2003 - Carlos Roberto Reina, President of Honduras (born 1926)
2003 - Sérgio Vieira de Mello, Brazilian diplomat (born 1948)

The BBC's "on this day" page:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/august/19/

Hope you both have a good day. Who was born first (ie who is the
eldest) and who gets to celebrate first (ie was born earlier in the
day)?

-zoara-
Jim
2005-08-19 07:58:18 UTC
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Happy birthday lads.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
"There's no 'I' in team, but there is a 'me' if you jumble
the letters up a bit." - Dr. House.
Bella Jones
2005-08-19 08:21:34 UTC
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Whoo-hoo - a double whammy! Happy birthdays, d00ds.

I'm going to run out of happy returns soon. Can I call them 'happy
enters' instead?
Post by zoaran substitute
Hope you both have a good day. Who was born first (ie who is the
eldest) and who gets to celebrate first (ie was born earlier in the
day)?
<rubs chin> Eh?
bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk
Jim
2005-08-19 08:18:18 UTC
Post by Bella Jones
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Whoo-hoo - a double whammy! Happy birthdays, d00ds.
I'm going to run out of happy returns soon. Can I call them 'happy
enters' instead?
Happy line feeds.

Jim
the letters up a bit." - Dr. House.
Chris Ridd
2005-08-19 08:59:54 UTC
Post by Jim
Post by Bella Jones
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Whoo-hoo - a double whammy! Happy birthdays, d00ds.
I'm going to run out of happy returns soon. Can I call them 'happy
enters' instead?
Happy line feeds.
We're all Unix people now.

Thanks!

When I get home I shall be enjoying killing Ewoks in Star Wars Battlefront.
I believe there's a bonus level where you can kill Jar Jar Binks.

Cheers,

Chris
Antony Lacey
2005-08-19 10:09:38 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
When I get home I shall be enjoying killing Ewoks in Star Wars Battlefront.
I believe there's a bonus level where you can kill Jar Jar Binks.
Have you been drinking already? <g>

I actually quite like Jar Jar, he reminds me of someone I know.
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Chris Ridd
2005-08-19 11:31:10 UTC
On 19/8/05 11:09, in article
Post by Antony Lacey
Post by Chris Ridd
When I get home I shall be enjoying killing Ewoks in Star Wars Battlefront.
I believe there's a bonus level where you can kill Jar Jar Binks.
Have you been drinking already? <g>
Not while on medication :-((
Post by Antony Lacey
I actually quite like Jar Jar, he reminds me of someone I know.
Hm.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Ridd
2005-08-20 08:07:35 UTC
On 20/8/05 12:04, in article
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Have you been drinking already? <g>
Not while on medication :-((
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.

Mind you, I've just got back from an early hours visit to A&E so the
medication isn't working terrifically :-((
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
I actually quite like Jar Jar, he reminds me of someone I know.
Hm.
Someone who sounds a little like him, and is accident prone.
I hope he isn't pretty universally reviled like JJB!

Cheers,

Chris
Bella Jones
2005-08-20 09:57:58 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
On 20/8/05 12:04, in article
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Have you been drinking already? <g>
Not while on medication :-((
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.
Mind you, I've just got back from an early hours visit to A&E so the
medication isn't working terrifically :-((
Aw, bollocks. :-( I hope you weren't sitting there for too long. A&E is
no fun.
bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk
Chris Ridd
2005-08-20 12:59:43 UTC
Post by Bella Jones
Post by Chris Ridd
On 20/8/05 12:04, in article
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Have you been drinking already? <g>
Not while on medication :-((
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.
Mind you, I've just got back from an early hours visit to A&E so the
medication isn't working terrifically :-((
Aw, bollocks. :-( I hope you weren't sitting there for too long. A&E is
no fun.
No, the ambulance delivered me straight in :-) Luckily they were able to
chuck me out after a couple of hours.

Cheers,

Chris
Sara Kirk
2005-08-28 09:15:38 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Bella Jones
Post by Chris Ridd
On 20/8/05 12:04, in article
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Have you been drinking already? <g>
Not while on medication :-((
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.
Mind you, I've just got back from an early hours visit to A&E so the
medication isn't working terrifically :-((
Aw, bollocks. :-( I hope you weren't sitting there for too long. A&E is
no fun.
No, the ambulance delivered me straight in :-) Luckily they were able to
chuck me out after a couple of hours.
Oh lordy, sounds like you were having an even worse time than me. Hope
it all sorts soon.
--
Sara

iChat: sarakirk (AIM)
So, what are you going to do? Sucker me to death?
Antony Lacey
2005-08-20 10:52:10 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.
Better safe than sorry! I've been fortunate enough to have not had
medication that's stopped em drinking, but I've laid off anyway for
almost two years now.

But then my best friend got married a couple of weeks ago and it was a
thoroughly good day - so I got very, very plastered - and still managed
to walk home at the end of the night.
Post by Chris Ridd
Mind you, I've just got back from an early hours visit to A&E so the
medication isn't working terrifically :-((
Not nice, I had to visit Monday night because of a minor problem, having
had Leukaemie two years ago these little problems are a real scare - and
waiting for blood test results is nail biting to say the least - half
past midnight until 4.30am is not pleasant - I'm sure you found the
same. Not nice whatever the reason.
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
I actually quite like Jar Jar, he reminds me of someone I know.
Hm.
Someone who sounds a little like him, and is accident prone.
I hope he isn't pretty universally reviled like JJB!
Nah, I don't think he even knows the Universe exists :-)
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Chris Ridd
2005-08-20 13:08:05 UTC
On 20/8/05 11:52, in article
Post by Antony Lacey
Post by Chris Ridd
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.
Better safe than sorry! I've been fortunate enough to have not had
medication that's stopped em drinking, but I've laid off anyway for
almost two years now.
I never drank a huge amount anyway, so it isn't a huge loss. Mind you, I
never ate much chocolate before, and now that I really can't I've got these
cravings...!
Post by Antony Lacey
Not nice, I had to visit Monday night because of a minor problem, having
had Leukaemie two years ago these little problems are a real scare - and
waiting for blood test results is nail biting to say the least - half
past midnight until 4.30am is not pleasant - I'm sure you found the
same. Not nice whatever the reason.
They didn't bother doing any blood tests, but I still acquired an extra hole
in the arm :-( Hey ho.

Cheers,

Chris
Antony Lacey
2005-08-21 00:14:02 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Better safe than sorry! I've been fortunate enough to have not had
medication that's stopped em drinking, but I've laid off anyway for
almost two years now.
I never drank a huge amount anyway, so it isn't a huge loss. Mind you, I
never ate much chocolate before, and now that I really can't I've got these
cravings...!
Indeed. Mine was for salad ..... and I couldn't touch it for way too
long!
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Not nice, I had to visit Monday night because of a minor problem, having
had Leukaemie two years ago these little problems are a real scare - and
waiting for blood test results is nail biting to say the least - half
past midnight until 4.30am is not pleasant - I'm sure you found the
same. Not nice whatever the reason.
They didn't bother doing any blood tests, but I still acquired an extra hole
in the arm :-( Hey ho.
Indeed, just a case of ticking along I guess. How long have you been
dealing with this now?
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Chris Ridd
2005-08-21 08:41:09 UTC
On 21/8/05 1:14, in article
Post by Antony Lacey
Post by Chris Ridd
They didn't bother doing any blood tests, but I still acquired an extra hole
in the arm :-( Hey ho.
Indeed, just a case of ticking along I guess. How long have you been
dealing with this now?
It is been almost exactly 1 month so far. It feels like longer!

At least they gave me something to take to try and stop the pain next time,
and instructions to come straight to A&E without passing Go (not bothering
going via NHS Direct), if they didn't work.

Cheers,

Chris
Antony Lacey
2005-08-21 09:14:24 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Indeed, just a case of ticking along I guess. How long have you been
dealing with this now?
It is been almost exactly 1 month so far. It feels like longer!
That's long enough I woudl imagine.
Post by Chris Ridd
At least they gave me something to take to try and stop the pain next time,
and instructions to come straight to A&E without passing Go (not bothering
going via NHS Direct), if they didn't work.
There are some very good painkillers about now.

And some good anti-emetics <sp> for stopping nausea and sickness. I had
some that would put me to sleep for four hours at a time within about 20
minutes of taking them - they doubled as painkillers and sleeping
tablets :-)
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Chris Ridd
2005-08-21 09:21:49 UTC
On 21/8/05 10:14, in article
Post by Antony Lacey
And some good anti-emetics <sp> for stopping nausea and sickness. I had
some that would put me to sleep for four hours at a time within about 20
minutes of taking them - they doubled as painkillers and sleeping
tablets :-)
I had some anti-sickness tablets from my original hospital stay, one of
which worked quite well until about 4am yesterday morning ;-)

Cheers,

Chris
Antony Lacey
2005-08-21 11:37:22 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
And some good anti-emetics <sp> for stopping nausea and sickness. I had
some that would put me to sleep for four hours at a time within about 20
minutes of taking them - they doubled as painkillers and sleeping
tablets :-)
I had some anti-sickness tablets from my original hospital stay, one of
which worked quite well until about 4am yesterday morning ;-)
Erk! Not nice ......

I still have a lot of mine, but I haven't needed them thankfully. One of
the worst aspects of any illness I think.
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Chris Ridd
2005-08-21 13:34:37 UTC
On 21/8/05 12:37, in article
Post by Antony Lacey
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
And some good anti-emetics <sp> for stopping nausea and sickness. I had
some that would put me to sleep for four hours at a time within about 20
minutes of taking them - they doubled as painkillers and sleeping
tablets :-)
I had some anti-sickness tablets from my original hospital stay, one of
which worked quite well until about 4am yesterday morning ;-)
Erk! Not nice ......
I still have a lot of mine, but I haven't needed them thankfully. One of
the worst aspects of any illness I think.
I dunno. Hospital food is quite high on my list.

Cheers,

Chris
Antony Lacey
2005-08-21 13:49:28 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Antony Lacey
Post by Chris Ridd
I had some anti-sickness tablets from my original hospital stay, one of
which worked quite well until about 4am yesterday morning ;-)
I still have a lot of mine, but I haven't needed them thankfully. One of
the worst aspects of any illness I think.
I dunno. Hospital food is quite high on my list.
I didn't find it too bad in Walsgrave really, when I moved to Queen
Elisabeth it wasn't as good, but then I hardly ate much of it for 7
weeks (not because I didnt like it but because I simply couldn't eat
much at all) so I really don't know.
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Jim
2005-08-20 11:04:17 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.
Mind you, I've just got back from an early hours visit to A&E so the
medication isn't working terrifically :-((
Eeek. Hope you get sorted soon mate. Ultrasound?

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2
Lost: Stack Pointer. Small reward offered if found.
Chris Ridd
2005-08-20 13:12:37 UTC
Post by Jim
Post by Chris Ridd
Erk, not good then. Hope you get off the medication soon ....
It is keeping my gallstones sort of under control, so until they're sorted I
think I'll have to keep off.
Mind you, I've just got back from an early hours visit to A&E so the
medication isn't working terrifically :-((
Eeek. Hope you get sorted soon mate. Ultrasound?
They gave me one when I was in for a week, but they'll probably want to do
another one when it gets closer to having the thing removed. (Different
hospitals. Obviously hospital B doesn't trust hospital A's radiology dept.)

So far though, all I've got is an appt to see the surgeon at the end of
October. I doubt they'll get around to doing the deed in 2005 :-((

Cheers,

Chris
Jim
2005-08-20 13:17:59 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Jim
Eeek. Hope you get sorted soon mate. Ultrasound?
They gave me one when I was in for a week, but they'll probably want to do
another one when it gets closer to having the thing removed. (Different
hospitals. Obviously hospital B doesn't trust hospital A's radiology dept.)
So far though, all I've got is an appt to see the surgeon at the end of
October. I doubt they'll get around to doing the deed in 2005 :-((
Sorry, wrong wording on my part: I meant to ask "ultrasonics?", as in
"is that what they'll eventually use?"

Jim
Chris Ridd
2005-08-20 13:24:38 UTC
Post by Jim
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Jim
Eeek. Hope you get sorted soon mate. Ultrasound?
They gave me one when I was in for a week, but they'll probably want to do
another one when it gets closer to having the thing removed. (Different
hospitals. Obviously hospital B doesn't trust hospital A's radiology dept.)
So far though, all I've got is an appt to see the surgeon at the end of
October. I doubt they'll get around to doing the deed in 2005 :-((
Sorry, wrong wording on my part: I meant to ask "ultrasonics?", as in
"is that what they'll eventually use?"
Oh, no idea. Heartlands (the hospital I was in for a week at) said they
tended to whip them out, but it is probably mostly down to the surgeon's
preferences. I might get some input ;-)

Cheers,

Chris
Roger Merriman
2005-08-19 10:19:35 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Jim
Post by Bella Jones
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Whoo-hoo - a double whammy! Happy birthdays, d00ds.
I'm going to run out of happy returns soon. Can I call them 'happy
enters' instead?
Happy line feeds.
We're all Unix people now.
heh!
Post by Chris Ridd
Thanks!
When I get home I shall be enjoying killing Ewoks in Star Wars Battlefront.
I believe there's a bonus level where you can kill Jar Jar Binks.
quite a number of games offially or unoffially seem to let you mutalte
Jar Jar Binks! wounder why.....
Post by Chris Ridd
Cheers,
Chris
Roger
Richard P. Grant
2005-08-19 12:43:44 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
When I get home I shall be enjoying killing Ewoks in Star Wars Battlefront.
You can only do that (and not be traitorous) in 'Instant Action' mode,
yesno?
Post by Chris Ridd
I believe there's a bonus level where you can kill Jar Jar Binks.
Well, maybe not JJB itself, but I do enjoy being a droid on Naboo and
blasting away at all its brothers and sisters.
--
Richard P. Grant 0x5F9559B1 MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk http://www.rg-d.com/BioLOG/
'I really am a terrific totem pole!' - Jump Ahead Phonics 2000
Chris Ridd
2005-08-19 12:57:34 UTC
Post by Richard P. Grant
Post by Chris Ridd
When I get home I shall be enjoying killing Ewoks in Star Wars Battlefront.
You can only do that (and not be traitorous) in 'Instant Action' mode,
yesno?
Dunno.
Post by Richard P. Grant
Post by Chris Ridd
I believe there's a bonus level where you can kill Jar Jar Binks.
Well, maybe not JJB itself, but I do enjoy being a droid on Naboo and
blasting away at all its brothers and sisters.
Cool. I only had time for a quick game this morning, and my l33t sk1llz with
a touchpad resulted in a rapid death :-( I think a mouse is going to be
essential.

Cheers,

Chris
Richard P. Grant
2005-08-19 13:02:16 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Cool. I only had time for a quick game this morning, and my l33t sk1llz with
a touchpad resulted in a rapid death :-( I think a mouse is going to be
essential.
eheheheeh. eeeeeee.

PS2 here. Do yourself a favour and get a decent gamepad.
What did you say your username was? <clickety-click>
Sara Kirk
2005-08-19 15:20:04 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Jim
Post by Bella Jones
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Whoo-hoo - a double whammy! Happy birthdays, d00ds.
I'm going to run out of happy returns soon. Can I call them 'happy
enters' instead?
Happy line feeds.
We're all Unix people now.
Thanks!
When I get home I shall be enjoying killing Ewoks in Star Wars Battlefront.
I believe there's a bonus level where you can kill Jar Jar Binks.
Whee - catching up! I actually get to say Happy Birthday to Chris and
Giles on the right day. Happy Birthday chaps!
Sara
Chris Ridd
2005-08-19 15:28:50 UTC
Post by Sara Kirk
Whee - catching up! I actually get to say Happy Birthday to Chris and
Giles on the right day. Happy Birthday chaps!
Thank you, and thanks everyone else!

Cheers,

Chris
Giles
2005-08-20 21:47:43 UTC
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:20:04 +0100, Sara Kirk wrote:

[...]
Post by Sara Kirk
Whee - catching up! I actually get to say Happy Birthday to Chris and
Giles on the right day. Happy Birthday chaps!
And, yearage notwithstanding, it was indeed happy. Thanks.

Giles
Chris Ridd
2005-08-19 08:58:26 UTC
Post by Bella Jones
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Whoo-hoo - a double whammy! Happy birthdays, d00ds.
Ta. I don't feel a day over 37.
Post by zoaran substitute
Hope you both have a good day. Who was born first (ie who is the
eldest) and who gets to celebrate first (ie was born earlier in the
day)?
<rubs chin> Eh?
I think I turned up about 7am, but in Germany so the clocks were an hour
ahead of the UK.

Cheers,

Chris
Antony Lacey
2005-08-19 10:09:38 UTC
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Indeed, Happy Birthday to both.
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Roger Merriman
2005-08-19 10:19:35 UTC
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
happy 40ths hope its a good un!
Roger
Chris Ridd
2005-08-19 11:33:05 UTC
Post by Roger Merriman
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
happy 40ths hope its a good un!
37 if you don't mind!!

Cheers anyway,

Chris
Giles
2005-08-20 21:50:45 UTC
On 19/8/05 11:19, in article
Post by Roger Merriman
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
happy 40ths hope its a good un!
37 if you don't mind!!
Just teetering on the brink then ;-)

But with the wisdom that one day brings, I can say that 40 isn't bad at
all.

Giles
Antony Lacey
2005-08-21 09:14:25 UTC
Post by Giles
Post by Chris Ridd
37 if you don't mind!!
Just teetering on the brink then ;-)
But with the wisdom that one day brings, I can say that 40 isn't bad at
all.
These youngeters are all the same - think they know it all in usch a
short time! :-)

Things I've done since I've been 40: Rally driving, er, well that's it
so far! <g>
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Andy Hewitt
2005-08-19 17:42:45 UTC
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Blimey, getting busy this week isn't it :-)

Happy birthday to the two of them though.
--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
(updated Feb 21 2005)
Chris Ridd
2005-08-19 19:06:34 UTC
Post by Andy Hewitt
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Blimey, getting busy this week isn't it :-)
You mean November was a busy month :-))

Chris
Andy Hewitt
2005-08-19 19:50:39 UTC
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Andy Hewitt
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Blimey, getting busy this week isn't it :-)
You mean November was a busy month :-))
LOL. Had to keep warm in those days. ;-)
(updated Feb 21 2005)
Antony Lacey
2005-08-20 10:52:11 UTC
Post by Andy Hewitt
Post by Chris Ridd
Post by Andy Hewitt
Blimey, getting busy this week isn't it :-)
You mean November was a busy month :-))
LOL. Had to keep warm in those days. ;-)
I don't know, I was too small to notice! <g>
--
Antony
Pull the plug to reply.
Giles
2005-08-20 21:53:17 UTC
On 19/8/05 6:42, in article
Post by Andy Hewitt
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Blimey, getting busy this week isn't it :-)
You mean November was a busy month :-))
Heh. Both were teachers in those far off days, so it wasn't the long lazy
holidays at fault.
Post by Andy Hewitt
Happy birthday to the two of them though.
Thanks!
Ditto.

Giles
David Kennedy
2005-08-20 22:23:53 UTC
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Yep definitely. Have a good one.

http://www.anindianinexile.com
Flavio Matani
2005-08-21 01:08:32 UTC
Post by zoaran substitute
The 'boring November' birthdays are still coming thick and fast - today
we have two birthday boys; Giles has just reached the big four-oh and
Chris Ridd, who could pass for twenty one but I don't actually know how
old he is.
Happy birthday to you both!
Yay, happy slightly belated, hop;e you had a very good one. No, there's
two of you, so, is it 'hope you had a very good two'? (must not post
when back from a party, in the middle of the night...)
--
flavio matani
guitar tuition
www.livejournal.com/users/flavius_m/