Happy Birthday!
zoara
2005-04-29 11:35:21 UTC
Today is (as I only recently discovered) Ryan Callaghan's birthday.
Happy Birthday Ryan!

You share your birthday with:

1667 - John Arbuthnot, English physician and satirist
1727 - Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet
1780 - Charles Nodier, French writer
1863 - William Randolph Hearst, American publisher
1879 - Sir Thomas Beecham, English conductor
1885 - Egon Erwin Kisch, Czech journalist and author
1893 - Harold Urey, American chemist, winner of the Nobel Prize for
Chemistry
1894 - Paul Hörbiger
1895 - Malcolm Sargent, English conductor
1899 - Duke Ellington, American jazz pianist, bandleader
1901 - Hirohito, Japanese emperor
1907 - Fred Zinnemann, Austrian-born American film director
1909 - Tom Ewell, American actor
1917 - Celeste Holm, American actress
1918 - George Allen, American football coach, Pro Football Hall
of Fame
1920 - Harold Shapero, American composer
1929 - Walter Kempowski, German author
1929 - Peter Sculthorpe, Australian composer
1930 - Jean Rochefort, French actor
1931 - Frank Auerbach, German-born British painter
1931 - Lonnie Donegan, Scottish musician
1933 - Mark Eyskens, Belgian minister and Prime Minister
1933 - Rod McKuen, poet, composer
1934 - Otis Rush, blues musician
1936 - Zubin Mehta, Indian-born American conductor
1937 - Jill Paton Walsh, English writer
1942 - Klaus Voormann, German illustrator and musician
1946 - John Waters, American film director & writer
1947 - Olavo de Carvalho, Brazilian philosopher
1947 - Tommy James, musician
1951 - Dale Earnhardt, NASCAR racer
1952 - David Icke, British conspiracy writer
1954 - Jerry Seinfeld, American comedian
1955 - Kate Mulgrew, American actress (Star Trek: Voyager)
1957 - Daniel Day-Lewis, Anglo-Irish actor
1958 - Michelle Pfeiffer, American actress
1958 - Eve Plumb, actress (The Brady Bunch)
1960 - Robert J. Sawyer, Canadian science fiction writer
1964 - Federico Castelluccio, Italian-American actor
1966 - Phil Tufnell, English cricketer
1967 - Curtis Joseph, Canadian NHL goalie
1968 - Carnie Wilson, singer
1969 - Master P, rap musician, composer, actor, athlete, sports agent
1970 - Andre Agassi, American tennis player
1970 - Uma Thurman, actress
1975 - Eric Koston, professional skateboarder

On this day in history:

1672 - Dutch War: Louis XIV of France invades the Netherlands.
1770 - James Cook arrives at and names Botany Bay, Australia.
1854 - The Ashmun Institute is officially chartered, becoming the first
college for African American students.
1861 - American Civil War: Maryland's House of Delegates votes not to
secede from the Union
1862 - American Civil War: New Orleans falls to Union forces under
Admiral David Farragut.
1903 - A 30 million cubic-metre landslide kills 70 in Frank, Alberta,
Canada.
1910 - Andrew Fisher becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the second
time.
1916 - Easter Rebellion: Martial law in Ireland is lifted and the
rebellion is officially over with the surrender of Irish
nationalists to British authorities in Dublin.
1932 - The radio program One Man's Family debuts.
1944 - "Dancing Romeo", the last Our Gang film, premiers.
1945 - World War II: The German Army in Italy unconditionally
surrenders to the Allies.
1945 - Adolf Hitler marries his long-time partner Eva Braun in a Berlin
bunker and designates Admiral Karl Dönitz as his successor.
1945 - Holocaust: The Dachau concentration camp is liberated by United
States troops.
1946 - Former Prime Minister of Japan Hideki Tojo and 28 former
Japanese leaders are indicted for war crimes.
1960 - Payola Scandal: Radio disk jockey Dick Clark denies involvement
in the scandal in front of a United States House of
Representatives subcommittee.
1967 - After refusing induction into the United States Army the day
before (citing religious reasons), Muhammad Ali is stripped of
his boxing title.
1969 - Jazz musician Duke Ellington receives the Presidential Medal of
Freedom.
1970 - Vietnam War: United States and South Vietnamese forces invade
Cambodia to hunt Viet Cong.
1974 - Watergate Scandal: President Richard Nixon announces the release
of edited transcripts of White House tape recordings related to
the scandal.
1975 - Vietnam War: Operation Frequent Wind - The last U.S. citizens
begin evacuation from Saigon prior to an expected North
Vietnamese takeover. United States involvement in the war comes
to an end.
1988 - Glasnost: Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev promises
increased religious freedoms.
1991 - Richard Cheney gives a speech at the Washington Institute's
Soref Symposium explaining why he believed it would have been
"a mistake" to invade Iraq.
1992 - 1992 Los Angeles riots: Riots in Los Angeles, California, follow
the acquittal of police officers charged with excessive force in
the beating of Rodney King. Over the next three days 54 people
are killed and hundreds of buildings are destroyed.
1997 - The Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993 enters into force,
outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons
among its signatories.
2002 - The United States is re-elected to the United Nations Commission
on Human Rights, one year after losing the seat it had held for
50 years.
2004 - Richard Cheney and George W. Bush testify before the 9/11
Commission in a closed, unrecorded hearing in the Oval Office.

Deaths on this day:

1707 - George Farquhar, Irish dramatist (born 1678)
1937 - William Gillette, actor (born 1853)
1951 - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Austrian-born philosopher (born 1889)
1957 - Belle Baker, American 1920s torch singer, film & tv actress
(born 1893)
1966 - William Eccles, physicist, radio pioneer
1980 - Alfred Hitchcock, director (born 1899)
1997 - Mike Royko, columnist (born 1932)

The BBC's "on this day" page:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/29

Happy birthday, hope you have a fun day!

-zoara-
--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
Jim
2005-04-29 11:35:20 UTC
Post by zoara
Today is (as I only recently discovered) Ryan Callaghan's birthday.
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Happy Birthday mate.

And zoara? For shame - you missed an important 'On this day' entry:

2005 - Mac OS X 10.4 'Tiger' released.
Applestore Birmingham opens its doors.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
"Brace yourself, this might make your eyes water."
leeg
2005-04-29 12:52:34 UTC
Post by zoara
Today is (as I only recently discovered)
And how does this discovery process work? Presumably not through
nepotistic "hey zoara it's my birthday on <blah>, please swell my ego"
e-mails?
zoara
2005-04-29 21:58:43 UTC
Post by leeg
Post by zoara
Today is (as I only recently discovered)
And how does this discovery process work? Presumably not through
nepotistic "hey zoara it's my birthday on <blah>, please swell my ego"
e-mails?
Well, that would work... but more usually it's mentioned on this group
(Ryan was talking about HHGG's and Tiger's release dates, IIRC).

-zoara-
Bella Jones
2005-04-29 13:40:02 UTC
Post by zoara
Today is (as I only recently discovered) Ryan Callaghan's birthday.
Happy Birthday Ryan!
[...]
Post by zoara
Happy birthday, hope you have a fun day!
Many happy returns - but hold on, It's your birthday too, Zoara, isnit
it?
bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk
David Kennedy
2005-04-29 13:49:05 UTC
Post by zoara
Happy birthday, hope you have a fun day!
Many happy returns - but hold on, It's your birthday too, Zoara, isnit
it?
Ahhhhhhh
--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
zoara

Chris Ridd
2005-04-30 05:36:49 UTC
Post by zoara
Post by zoara
Happy birthday, hope you have a fun day!
Many happy returns - but hold on, It's your birthday too, Zoara, isnit
it?
Might be ;)
Possibly many happy returns then!

Cheers,

Chris
Sara Kirk
2005-04-30 17:11:37 UTC
Post by zoara
Post by zoara
Happy birthday, hope you have a fun day!
Many happy returns - but hold on, It's your birthday too, Zoara, isnit
it?
Might be ;)
Sneaky! Happy birthday :)
Post by zoara
-z-
Sara
Adrian Tuddenham
2005-04-29 13:57:23 UTC
1854 - The Ashmun Institute for African American students.
1861 - American Civil War
1862 - American Civil War
1910 - Prime Minister of Australia
1932 - The radio program One Man's Family debuts.
1944 -Our Gang film
1945 - concentration camp is liberated by United States troops.
1960 - Payola Scandal: United States House of Representatives
1967 - After refusing induction into the United States Army
1969 - Jazz musician Presidential Medal of Freedom.
1970 - Vietnam War: United States and South Vietnamese forces
1974 - Watergate Scandal: President Richard Nixon
1975 - Vietnam War: last U.S. citizens begin evacuation
1991 - Richard Cheney at the Washington Institute's Soref Symposium
2002 - The United States is re-elected..
2004 - Richard Cheney and George W. Bush testify
1854 - 2004 - Nothing at all happens in England
--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
zoara
2005-04-29 21:58:48 UTC
Post by Adrian Tuddenham
1854 - The Ashmun Institute for African American students.
1861 - American Civil War
1862 - American Civil War
1910 - Prime Minister of Australia
1932 - The radio program One Man's Family debuts.
1944 -Our Gang film
1945 - concentration camp is liberated by United States troops.
1960 - Payola Scandal: United States House of Representatives
1967 - After refusing induction into the United States Army
1969 - Jazz musician Presidential Medal of Freedom.
1970 - Vietnam War: United States and South Vietnamese forces
1974 - Watergate Scandal: President Richard Nixon
1975 - Vietnam War: last U.S. citizens begin evacuation
1991 - Richard Cheney at the Washington Institute's Soref Symposium
2002 - The United States is re-elected..
2004 - Richard Cheney and George W. Bush testify
1854 - 2004 - Nothing at all happens in England
Sounds about right.

Do you know anything that happened on that day? If you do, you can edit
my source...

http://www.wikipedia.org

-z-
Bruce Horrocks
2005-04-30 00:10:11 UTC
Post by Adrian Tuddenham
1854 - 2004 - Nothing at all happens in England
29-April-2001 - A new religion is created in the UK
(Or in other words, a lot of people were daft enough to put down "Jedi"
on the census)
--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
<firstname>@<surname>.plus.com -- fix the obvious for email
Tim Gowen
2005-04-29 19:32:58 UTC
...and Uma Thurman, so says David Pogue in his Tiger review!

Tim
Tim Gowen
Bruce Horrocks
2005-04-30 00:00:18 UTC
Post by zoara
1975 - Vietnam War: Operation Frequent Wind - The last U.S. citizens
begin evacuation from Saigon prior to an expected North
Vietnamese takeover. United States involvement in the war comes
to an end.
Appropriate code name to give to an evacuation.
Sara Kirk
2005-04-30 17:10:48 UTC
Post by zoara
Today is (as I only recently discovered) Ryan Callaghan's birthday.
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Happy birthday (slightly late - sorry!)
Sara
Ryan Callaghan
2005-05-01 20:24:53 UTC
Post by zoara
Today is (as I only recently discovered) Ryan Callaghan's birthday.
Happy Birthday Ryan!
<snipped>

Thanks, and a highly belated Happy Birthday to you.
--
Ryan Callaghan
ICQ: 20957015
Lake1
2005-05-04 03:51:58 UTC
Happy Birthday Eve..you beautiful girl you